IT as a service is a concept that refers to the hiring of external companies to deliver solutions in the Information Technology area. It goes from creating network devices to developing applications, among many possible activities.
There are different models of IT as a service. See below:
- Onshore: hiring national companies or within the company’s territory.
- Nearshore: hiring foreign companies or companies located abroad but still within a certain proximity.
- Offshore: hiring foreign companies or companies headquartered abroad but with significant distances, usually headquarters in different continents.
- Outstaffing: hiring an external collaborator to work with your IT team without entering your workforce.
When you hire companies like Webera, your company can focus on its core business and leave all parts of information technology to an external partner.
An external company can perform a variety of services that you would not need to be directly involved with, such as:
- Software Licensing
- data integration
- database management
- Data transfer to the cloud
- Big Data Analysis
- Embedding Business Intelligence Solutions
- Creating and identifying patterns for Machine Learning
- Refinement of Artificial Intelligence solutions
- Networking systems
- Website development and projects with Python
- Consulting services
Why hire IT as a service?
Several reasons can lead a company to consider IT as a service, such as the absence of a specific department, the lack of qualified professionals for a particular demand, the need to focus on the core business, or even a tighter budget.
If your company finds itself in any of the above situations or is in doubt about whether or not it is worth resorting to IT as a service, we have separated some advantages that can help in your decision-making.
Advantages of the service
- Low cost: it is much more economical to hire a company for one or another punctual demand than to maintain an entire department
- Qualified labor: you will be hiring professionals who are experts in the subject, with the right expertise for the job
- Updating and innovation: IT as service companies need to be aware of the main trends to remain strong in the market
- Please focus on the core business: by delegating IT as a service, you can dedicate 100% to the reason for your business.
- Flexibility and customization: the opportunity to create open-scope projects, which enable greater participation of your company in decision-making
- Cutting-edge technology: the latest to deal with trends such as Big Data, the Internet of Things, Artificial Intelligence, and Machine Learning
- Cybersecurity: guarantee of data protection and respect for current legislation on the subject.